Immigration issues now affect nearly all businesses and successfully navigating the UK’s immigration system to recruit key talent is critical. The current UK labour shortages are showing no sign of easing and many businesses are turning to overseas recruitment as a solution. However, UK immigration law is ever-changing and complex, with many employers not knowing which way to turn.
At AfterAthena, our team of immigration lawyers (who are also employment law experts) can help and support you in recruiting skilled workers from overseas. Our experienced team provides practical, strategic immigration advice to multinational businesses, from start-ups to SMEs and major PLCs.
Areas of focus
We provide advice across the following key areas:
- obtaining and maintaining sponsor licences (to recruit and employ skilled workers in the UK)
- right to work checks and the prevention of illegal working (including right to work audits and pre-licence audits)
- Certificate of sponsorship applications
- compliance with ongoing sponsor licence duties
- supporting applications for immigration permission (particularly skilled worker visas, for the main applicant and dependants)
- procedures and policies for immigration compliance
- employment issues relating to the recruitment and employment of overseas workers
- dealing and advising upon sponsor licence revocation and downgrading
- training HR teams on all aspects of immigration and right to work compliance
- advising on the immigration aspects of corporate transactions (mergers, acquisitions, TUPE)
Who you'll be working with
Angela BarnesHead of Business Immigration
Roxanne BuckleyAssociate Solicitor
In our line of work, things change constantly. From legislative developments to new legal precedents and more, we're here to keep you up to date on the latest news. Below you'll find our most recent news, in addition to advice on how to make your work life easier.
01st Dec 2023Blog HR
The latest in news and expert insights
Sign up to our newsletter to keep up to date and receive the latest news, insights and guides from AfterAthena.